Program Mission and Goals
ShrevCORPS is a team-based life experience and service-learning opportunity for young adults ages 17-24. The program is committed to building an ethic of service among young adults from diverse backgrounds, to forming a corps of informed, active young adults trained and committed to addressing local environmental and community concerns, and to providing these young adults with the motivation and financial resources to pursue further education.
ShrevCORPS is an AmeriCorps National Service Program supported by the Corporation for National and Community Service, The Office of the Lieutenant Governor, The Louisiana Serve Commission, and The City of Shreveport.
Members serve in teams to develop skills and enhance the service experience. Service projects include paint recycling, water quality monitoring, storm drain stenciling, planting trees, community gardens, educating residents on environmental issues, constructing handicapped accessible walking trails and ramps, park improvements, and much more...
ShrevCORPS is a two- time national award-winning program and has been recognized by President Clinton, Governor Blanco, Louisiana Senators Breaux and Landrieu, Innovations in Civic Participation (ICP) and the American Association of State Service Commissions (ASC) as one of the Most Innovative AmeriCorps Programs in the United States. Visit the AmeriCorps website for more information on AmeriCorps programs.
What do ShrevCORPS members receive?
- ShrevCORPS members receive a living allowance of $6,000.00 while participating in a part-time program (minimum of 900 hours) and an education award of $2,675.00 upon completion of the service term. or
- Members may participate in a minimum-time program (minimum of 300 hours) and receive a living allowance of $2,000.00 and an education award of $1,132.00 upon completion of the service term.
- This award may be used to help pay off student loans or to finance college, graduate school, or vocational training. Beyond these benefits you will learn new skills, take on new responsibilities, and know the satisfaction of making a difference in your Community, your State, your Nation.
How do I apply?
If you're interested in joining ShrevCORPS, call or Email us.
- Emilie Harmeyer
- ShreveCorps Program Director & Mobile Market Coordinator
- 318-219-1888 Ext. 14
- Lauren Jones
- ShreveCorps Program Manager ∓ Garden Coordinator
- 318-219-1888 Ext. 12
You can also print and complete these application and reference forms and send them or drop them off at:Shreveport Green
3625 Southern Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71104
P: (318) 219-1888